How to unflash a sd card

Hi for a project i used etcher to flash a 2GB file into a 8GB sdcard now my sd card is ±50MB and i want my sdcard to return into 8GB

Can you help me?

PS:sorry if my english is bad i’m belgium

Hi @Firminou

The USB has a number of partitions added to it with its flashed with Balena. You need to delete those and then repartition as a single partition in whatever format you require.

Windows:
https://www.easeus.com/partition-manager-software/delete-a-partition-on-a-usb-drive-in-windows-10.html

Linux:

Mac:
Disk Utility

Just take care to make sure you are deleting the right partitions off the right devices.

Cheers
Chris

1 Like

Great thank you :3

Hi I am having the same issues…I am deleted all partitions with disk management and making a single partition but every time I try to put an image the sd card goes to 50mb from 400gb? What is going on??? I tried for like 10 times… please help me because i am really getting annoyed and frustrated.

Hi there, most likely you did not actually delete all partitions and created a new one with all the available storage media space. Can you please share a screenshot of what the disk management tool shows of your media?

just use the genuine SD Association card formatter

it reformats the card back to its original capacity