How to add a persistent external drive on screenly

Hello all, I’m totally new to Raspberry and Balena too.
I’m trying to build this project with Raspberry Pi4 4GB + Balena + Screenly, I was able to install and deploy the project to my device but I need to add a persistent external USB drive where I need to store the documents will be show on screenly. My question is, after I have successfully formatted my USB Stick in ext4, how can I mount it so screenly can use it as storage device?
Thanks in advance for your reply.
Best regards,
Niubbo

Hey there Alessandro,

We have some documentation about mounting external storage media here: Communicate outside the container - Balena Documentation

Hope this helps.
Phil

Hello Phil, thanks for your reply but maybe I was not so clear in my request.
I know how to permanently mount a USB stick but I don’t know how to use it in Screenly project to let it use the USB stick as storage unit, in other words, what I need to mount on USB stick to be the default storage unit for Screenly project?

Hey Alessandro,

Gotcha! I think that’s a question you might get a better answer to if you pop over to Screenly’s support page. The app on balena hub is maintained by Screenly themselves. :slight_smile:
https://support.screenly.io/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Phil

Thanks Phil but I have move to another solution that IMHO is better for me, I have modify Pi EEPROM so I can boot directly from USB stick/disk, I’ve solved in this way :slight_smile:
Best regards,
Alessandro