flashing PureOS for Mac

Hi @Ralf, sounds like Etcher doesn’t address your need at the moment. If you feel strongly about this, I encourage you to open a feature request in Etcher’s repo: https://github.com/balena-io/etcher/issues

This way you could talk to the repo maintainers directly and also create visibility for Etcher users & developers to chime in. If there is enough interest, perhaps Etcher team would consider your feature request in future versions.

Additionally, I’d also encourage you to talk to PureOS developers to make PureOS setup more convenient for OSX users who are not able to disable EFI. In my humble opinion, your problem is quite specific and it goes beyond what Etcher promised to help with currently.

Thank you, gelbal.
I have been on the PureOS forum before I came here and I have already passed on my experiences there.
I understand from Apple that disabling the EFI is part of the security chip option. I wonder how many Apple customers purchased this option.
Since PureOS is relying on Etcher for installing their OS on Mac, it would surely be nice to get it to work. I will pass it on to repo.

I managed to install PureOS by burning the install image on a DVD without using Etcher at all.
I tried to get on github but couldn’t figure out how to post anything.