Flash Jetson Agx Xavier Devkit SD Card

I’m trying to boot Jetson Agx Xavier Devkit for SD card, I want to use balena etcher but seems we have OS image for just Jetson Agx Xavier(no devkit and no sd card) as shown in the image below, am I right?

Hello! It looks like you are correct and we don’t have an SD card image for Jetson AGX Xavier, but I also can’t find that variant on the NVIDIA website. The Jetson AGX Xavier Dev Kit appears to be eMMC only.
Can you point us to the documentation and tech specs so we can track the request?

I found some work done by the nvidia community but it involves using sdk manager to flash the sd card, and it didn’t work until now, here is a link How to Boot From SD Card? - #12 by hijikata_M - Jetson AGX Xavier - NVIDIA Developer Forums

hi @sadmi, thank you for sharing, just checking this solves the issue you are experiencing? :blush:

No it doesn’t, I saw Nvidia introduced flashing external devices in sdk manager 1.17 and jetpack 4.6, this may help.

Hi @Sadmi – at the moment we do not support any SD Card images for the Xavier AGX, only booting via eMMC.

This is accomplished by:

1. Put the NVidia Jetson Xavier board in recovery mode
  2. Unzip BalenaOS image and use the Jetson Flash tool to flash the board. Jetson Flash tool can be found at GitHub - balena-os/jetson-flash: This tool allows users to flash BalenaOS on Jetson supported devices
  3. After flashing is completed, please wait until the board is rebooted
  4. Your device should appear in your fleet in the dashboard within a few minutes.

Our balenaOS image is meant to be flashed to eMMC for the AGX, thanks.