flash from *.iso file 1.44GB to USB device 7.8GB FAT32 failed

The only thing I know is that flash failed (it says “flash failed, hope you enjoyed”). I’m in Win10 trying to create a bootable linuxlite USB stick. I searched this blog but did not read the 100+ search results.
It leaves me with a USB whith RAW fs. If I try to format to FAT32 again, I get “cannot determine nr of sectors”. I tried with 3 different sticks that were all empty and working before using etcher. I looked for some logfile but could not find, ctrl+shift+i did not help me… Please advise !

I found the article “www.balena.io/blog/did-etcher-break-my-usb-sd-card/” but the “broken” USB is not listed when I ask “list disk”. I could reformat to FAT32 in windows which makes it possible again to use the USB for storage (I tested) but even then it is not listed in “list disk”. So I can’t do what is said in that article.

Hello, could you try running the flashing process again and report to us any errors that pop up in the developer console (should be Ctrl+Shift+I on windows). You should see a page opening up inside etcher, there will be several sections at the top, if you click on Console you should see the debug output from etcher. Can you please attempt a flash with this window open and send us any error you see pop up in the console?