Flash fail on Mac. HELP!!

I am running on MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017) macOS Monterey 12.0.1
balenaEtcher 1.7.0
I have tried more than 10 different img to two different micro SD and all failed.

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND
gui.js:51687 {“message”:“certificate has expired”,“stack”:“Error: certificate has expired\n at TLSSocket.onConnectSecure (_tls_wrap.js:1497:34)\n at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:315:20)\n at TLSSocket._finishInit (_tls_wrap.js:932:8)\n at TLSWrap.ssl.onhandshakedone (_tls_wrap.js:706:12)”,“config”:{“url”:“https://balena.io/etcher/static/config.json",“method”:“get”,“headers”:{“Accept”:"application/json, text/plain, /”,“User-Agent”:“axios/1.7.0”},“transformRequest”:[null],“transformResponse”:[null],“timeout”:0,“responseType”:“json”,“xsrfCookieName”:“XSRF-TOKEN”,“xsrfHeaderName”:“X-XSRF-TOKEN”,“maxContentLength”:-1,“maxBodyLength”:-1,“transitional”:{“silentJSONParsing”:true,“forcedJSONParsing”:true,“clarifyTimeoutError”:false}},“code”:“CERT_HAS_EXPIRED”}

electron/js2c/renderer_init.js:13 (electron) The remote module is deprecated. Use GitHub - electron/remote: Bridge JavaScript objects from the main process to the renderer process in Electron. instead.
log @ electron/js2c/renderer_init.js:13
gui.js:51687 [Axios v1.7.0] Transitional option ‘clarifyTimeoutError’ has been deprecated since v1.0.0 and will be removed in the near future
console. @ gui.js:51687
gui.js:51687 [Axios v1.7.0] Transitional option ‘forcedJSONParsing’ has been deprecated since v1.0.0 and will be removed in the near future
console. @ gui.js:51687
gui.js:51687 [Axios v1.7.0] Transitional option ‘silentJSONParsing’ has been deprecated since v1.0.0 and will be removed in the near future

I am having a similar issue. Attempting to flash HiveOS img to a 240gb Kingston SSD on a MacBook Pro using macOS Big Sur Version 11.6.

I receive “error: EIO i/o error, write” about 10 seconds after starting the flash each time. I have tried all 4 usb-c slots on the computer and know the SSD is not faulty.

Any tips/recommendations would be appreciated!

The logs:

[Axios v1.7.1] Transitional option ‘clarifyTimeoutError’ has been deprecated since v1.0.0 and will be removed in the near future
[Axios v1.7.1] Transitional option ‘forcedJSONParsing’ has been deprecated since v1.0.0 and will be removed in the near future
[Axios v1.7.1] Transitional option ‘silentJSONParsing’ has been deprecated since v1.0.0 and will be removed in the near future
{“message”:“certificate has expired”,“stack”:“Error: certificate has expired\n at TLSSocket.onConnectSecure (_tls_wrap.js:1497:34)\n at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:315:20)\n at TLSSocket._finishInit (_tls_wrap.js:932:8)\n at TLSWrap.ssl.onhandshakedone (_tls_wrap.js:706:12)”,“config”:{“url”:“https://balena.io/etcher/static/config.json",“method”:“get”,“headers”:{“Accept”:"application/json, text/plain, /”,“User-Agent”:“axios/1.7.1”},“transformRequest”:[null],“transformResponse”:[null],“timeout”:0,“responseType”:“json”,“xsrfCookieName”:“XSRF-TOKEN”,“xsrfHeaderName”:“X-XSRF-TOKEN”,“maxContentLength”:-1,“maxBodyLength”:-1,“transitional”:{“silentJSONParsing”:true,“forcedJSONParsing”:true,“clarifyTimeoutError”:false}},“code”:“CERT_HAS_EXPIRED”}
(node:73464) Electron: Loading non-context-aware native module in renderer: ‘/Applications/balenaEtcher.app/Contents/Resources/app/generated/modules/@balena.io/usb/build/Release/usb_bindings.node’. This is deprecated, see [Discussion] Requiring Native Modules in the Renderer Process to be NAPI or Context Aware · Issue #18397 · electron/electron · GitHub.
(Use balenaEtcher Helper (Renderer) --trace-warnings ... to show where the warning was created)
ready-to-show: 544.907ms
{“message”:“certificate has expired”,“stack”:“Error: certificate has expired\n at TLSSocket.onConnectSecure (_tls_wrap.js:1497:34)\n at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:315:20)\n at TLSSocket._finishInit (_tls_wrap.js:932:8)\n at TLSWrap.ssl.onhandshakedone (_tls_wrap.js:706:12)”,“config”:{“url”:“https://balena.io/etcher/static/config.json",“method”:“get”,“headers”:{“Accept”:"application/json, text/plain, /”,“User-Agent”:“axios/1.7.1”},“transformRequest”:[null],“transformResponse”:[null],“timeout”:0,“responseType”:“json”,“xsrfCookieName”:“XSRF-TOKEN”,“xsrfHeaderName”:“X-XSRF-TOKEN”,“maxContentLength”:-1,“maxBodyLength”:-1,“transitional”:{“silentJSONParsing”:true,“forcedJSONParsing”:true,“clarifyTimeoutError”:false}},“code”:“CERT_HAS_EXPIRED”}
(node:73461) Warning: No such label ‘ready-to-show’ for console.timeEnd()
(Use balenaEtcher --trace-warnings ... to show where the warning was created)

Hey @dmsynergy,
I tried to reproduce the issue with the latest Etcher release (viz. v1.7.1) but could not reproduce it. I attempted flashing a 3 gig Ubuntu ISO to a SD card and Etcher flashed it in a single attempt without any warning/error.
Would it be possible for you try v1.7.1? If the issue recurs with this version, then we could dig deeper.

My machine config is:

$ neofetch --stdout | egrep 'OS|Host|Kernel'
Host: MacBookPro16,1
Kernel: 20.6.0

Thanks and regards,
Pranav

Also @dmsynergy, it would be good to try flashing to a different disk/card (just to rule out any media related idiosyncrasies).