First post, longtime user - install on *ubuntu

hello all - would someone be so kind as to write a how-to to install Etcher on ubuntu systems so that it updates on new releases? Or point me in the direction of a web resource that explains it?

Thank you.

Hi, here are the related instructions for installing Etcher on Ubuntu with updates enabled: https://github.com/balena-io/etcher#debian-and-ubuntu-based-package-repository-gnulinux-x86x64

Followed those instructions.
See an update on github. apt-get update in terminal…no etcher update to install.
launch etcher…still v1.5.76 when github says current release is v1.5.80

I even checked to see that inside the program that auto-install updates (or whatever the option is) is selected.

Hi there,

Looks like the latest version on Debian and Ubuntu based package repository is 1.5.76, I will raise this with the Etcher team and will get back to you as soon as the latest releases are available in the package repository.

In the meantime, you can download the latest release from the download page https://www.balena.io/etcher/

Hi there,
I would like to inform you that the latest releases are now available in the package repository.

let us know if you encounter any problems

Hi, I want to installa Etcher on my Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, all is up to date, I follow step by step with package, but it doesn’t work.
A screenshoot will be better than my poor english :wink:

What can I do?
Thanks
Take care of you!

@Fars welcome to the forums!

We checked our side and everything seems to be OK with the packages. If I were to guess at what’s happening, from your screenshot it looks like you added the repository like in the instructions but did not perform sudo apt-get update afterward before trying to install the package. As it’s a new package repository that’s been added, you’d need to update before it will find the package.

Let us know if this helps!

Hello Chrisys, I try it and it work fine!
Happy to use Etcher for my RPi4 :smile:
Thanks a lot! :wink: