Etcher v1.4.4 release

Thanks for the kind words @devoh! You’ll be happy to hear that we’re working on exactly that, and it might even make it into the next release :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there

Just came by to give you guys congratulations and thanks for developing such an awesome, robust and well designed tool, I love Etcher, I love its simplicity and how effective it is, it has succeed when even the command line has failed me in linux.

I wish I knew about the stickers earlier but I guess it is too late.

Regardless I really appreciate what you have achieved so far, you guys are awesome, keep it up.

Greetings from Colombia! :grinning:

1 Like

Howdy from Texas USA!

Just a thumbs-up for Etcher 1.4.4 flashing Raspbian Stretch to a Sandisk 16GB on Windows 10 Pro x64 1803 build 17134.165 on an i7-870. Flawless burn and run, no Defender security issues, transparent as glass and tough as acrylic. Well done.

1 Like

I should like to note that, on OS X Mojave DP3, Etcher doesn’t seem to recognize any image as bootable, and proceeds to crash when I hit the “Flash!” button. Here’s the crash dump: https://ghostbin.com/paste/9zktg

Hey @Halian, yes, we’re aware of that, and it turned out to be an issue with the Mojave Beta (see https://github.com/resin-io/etcher/issues/2404), which has been fixed in the Mojave Public Beta 6, so Etcher should work again, if you update to at least that version of the beta.

Hey @truand & @JLC, that’s great to hear, thank you!
@truand you should still be able to get some stickers, I believe – just post in We’ve got some stickers and we’ll let you know :slight_smile:

Cheers!

on Porteus 64 bit, etcher runs, but doesn’t detect USB drives.

any fix?

THX

Thanks a lot for the hard work for Etcher. Really appreciate this free software which save lot of beers. :wink:

Hello all,
First of all, thank you very much for this great app! Last year, i have been able to set up my raspberry rather quickly thanks to it!

However, it seems that my SD card reader is no longer working. So, because i love to reuse what i already have, I tried to use my smartphone (Galaxy S8) as a SD card reader.
So, i have installed “webdav server” on the smartphone. Doing so, i was able to create a “virtual driver” on Windows 10 to access the SD card.
Sadly enough, Etcher doesn’t show this virtual drive even with the “Unsafe mode” checked.

Is there a solution to solve this problem or should i go buy a new SD card reader for PC?

Hi @FLCEOAP,
WebDAV only exposes the SD card’s file system, not the underlying block device, which Etcher would need to be able to flash it. You could try with SMB (if there’s an app for that), but I think getting a new card reader might be the easier way to go.