Etcher not working on Firewolf OSX PE 9

Hi - if you could find one of the old versions on your old drive, and trying those, that would be great data to help us look into this for you. We are looking into this, but it might take us a while - so if you could try and old version at the same time that would be great!

Thanks,

First of all thanks for your effort guys.

Tried restoring Firewolf 7.0 with Etcher but it returned the error in the picture below. I reckon i did not try the “continue” option which might have worked.

Restored with disk utility and it boots just fine.

Ok, so “Missing Partition Table” error message aside, older versions of Firewolf do in fact boot up properly, but the newer version does not. It would be helpful to know if there are other users who are successfully running the latest version, and what hardware they are using, in addition to how they flashed the image. Perhaps there is an underlying issue with the latest version, or, it is more critical of what type of hardware it supports, or the manner in which it is written.

Do they have a Forum or any community of their own that can verify / validate those hypotheses? Thanks.

Yeah, i’m starting to think there’s an issue with the latest version. There isn’t much of a community, a forum or even an easy direct way of contacting the dev that i’ve found so far. Possibly cause he is Chinese (i think), i found some random stuff about Firewolf mostly in some Chinese forums (which i obviously don’t understand) and i did find some people complaining about this exact issue without any kind of reply with a solution. The only thing that popped up was this apparent fix (under step 1) for hackintoshes which i haven’t tried yet. Maybe it helps shed some light into the issue but i don’t old my hopes very high. The fix does not work on macs, tried it. The dev does have a github but its only hosting the portal i think, and the last commit was 2 years ago (https://github.com/0xFireWolf).

Possible fix i talked about -> https://telegra.ph/FireWolf-OS-X-PE-9-Troubleshoot-07-22

ps. there’s a plist of supported devices in com.apple.recovery.boot > PlatformSupport.plist (not sure if this is related to Firewolf directly)

Since this doesn’t seem like an Etcher specific issue, we cannot help any further. Good luck with your quest to resolve this : )

Sure, you guys have done more than you should.

Thanks for the help anyway and i’ll report back if i have news on how to fix this. :slight_smile: