Etcher isn't recognizing/ a new SSD to flash Hive OS

Want to run Hive OS to mine coins but etcher isn’t picking up my fresh 240GB Crucial MX500.
it’s seen in the standard ‘My computer’ side of my computer and I’m just wondering what I could do to resolve this.
I’m currently running windows on another SSD which shows up fine in etcher but as you know it’s the primary and I wish to keep that as it is.
Have tried Rufus-3.17 still the same thing happens/doesn’t happen.
Hiveos-0.6-210-beta@210914.img
BalenaEtcher-Setup-1.7.1

Sorry for the delayed reply @JTrades88 – one quick question to clarify: Regarding Rufus, are you saying that it cannot detect the drive either? (And of course if it is Rufus does not detect it either, it would not be able to flash to it either). If that is indeed true, then it sounds like Windows is not exposing the device properly, or maybe the USB-adapter connecting to the SSD is having some sort of issue. Alternatively, does Etcher detect any other devices, like a USB stick? Thanks!

Sorry for the delay, haven’t been on for a while. yes, Rufus isn’t seeing the fresh new drive/SSD. sees USBs and can run through to about halfway then suddenly stops and says a certain compressed image file is corrupt. Currently stuck with nb miner, trying everything I can. the fresh download of the hive. Formatted pc back to the factory twice so far. done USBS a few times, still nothing. Would like to get onto Hiveos ASAP. Thanks

Hi, Etcher is only capable of flashing removable storage for now, and certain drives it will not see at all due to the way Etcher detects drive. Is the drive removable or is it connected through PCIe or similar to the motherboard?

Hi Jordan,

Did you solve your issue with Etcher or any other?
We would be happy to hear your success story.

Thanks,
Peter