diskpart failing to burn Pop OS on Windows 10

I’m trying to install Pop OS onto a SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16Gb drive.
I thought I’d installed it fine earlier in the day, but the full boot failed. Then I thought I’d try a different version of the image, and I’m trying to over-write the same drive.

But I get the following error, saying that ‘diskpart /s’ has failed.

{
“name”: “Error”,
“description”: “SanDisk Cruzer Blade USB Device”,
“device”: “\\.\PhysicalDrive2”
}

“Couldn’t clean the drive, Command failed: diskpart /s C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\Temp\etcher\tmp-8f3af912f540.tmp
(code 2147942405)”

I’ve tried deleting the partition, removing the drive letter, but all to no avail.

I searched already for ‘diskpart’, too, but found nothing.

Help?

NOW I find the same issue straight away: Re-Flash Failed / Write ERROR - #4 by 4tt4 !!!
I’ll try to clean out the drive and see where I get.

Stephen,

Thanks for letting us know about your issue. Also, nice work finding that relevant Forum post.

Let us know if that fix works. We can also update that post since the recommendation was made, but it’s unclear still if it helped the user. Good luck!

Thanks for your reply, @andrewnhem.
I’m struggling to clean out the drive, even with the Disk Management util in windows.

Format: “formatting this drive will erase…” yada yada. oK. “The system cannot find the file specified.” :rage:

Delete volume: “Deleting this volume will erase…” Just do it. Done.

Definitely seems to be something weird with Windows 10 encryptions…

Update: got it working!

I just followed the (very clear) instructions in this video: The system cannot find the file specified (USB Drive Locked) - YouTube
Oh, and I also moved it to (I think) a USB 2.0 port. A different one, anyhow!

Glad you got it working @StevehConwy! I’ll go ahead and close this thread out