Device Status constant switch: Heartbeat to Online on repeat

Hi,

I am seeing an issue with my newly deployed Raspberry Pi 4 used in a remote location. The device is hardwired to ethernet and located in Ireland. It appears to be up and running but the device status in the Balena dashboard is constantly going from Online to Heartbeat only. The device is usually offline for around 5 minutes before it goes online for ~2 seconds.

The only way I know the device is constantly online is because the download successfully completed from the factory build after some time. We have had many devices go through this network and firewall and this is the first time we have seen this issue.

There is currently another Balena device running on the same network and I can ping the problamatic Pi consistently. I am not sure why it would be a firewall issue now when there is an identical device running on the network with a different IP.
Please let me know next troubleshooting steps, thank you.

1 Like

Hello, you can try to access the problematic Pi from the working device on the same network using the steps outlined here: Balena Device Debugging Masterclass - Balena Documentation
Then you can perform some of the troubleshooting steps described on that page such as inspecting the various logs or the status of the various services.

1 Like