Dell Edge Gateway

Hi Resin team - wondering what the viability of getting a Resin image for a Dell Edge Gateway 3000 series:

The image for the intel nuc might work. In case you have a Dell Edge Gateway 3000 could you try it and let us know?

Sounds good. I don’t have one on-hand yet, but hopefully will soon and will let you know

I’m also interested in running resin.io on a Dell Edge gateway 3001. I should be receiving a unit in the next few weeks. I’ll try out the Intel Nuc image and post here.

1 Like

Hi everyone, I’ve made some attempts to deploy the resin intel nuc image in the Dell 3002, but it did not work. You got it?

Hi rodrigo,
I think the reason it might not work is that the Dell 3002 expects an image with secure boot. Can you try disable secure boot in the 3002s bios and see if the OS is able to flash onto the internal emmc.

hi @rodrigomaxpan @rmoore did you end up getting this to work? I’m interested in doing the same

Hello,
I’m also trying to install Balena on a Dell Edge Gateway 3001.
So far without success.

I have disable the secure boot option and tried to install the NUC version of balena OS.
But it doesn’t seem that the Edge gateway boot on the USB and installs the balena OS.

Is there anyone that has been able to configure the edge gateway?

There is a USB script utility that can be used to change the boot parameters. Which on should be used?
I have tried to boot on the USB and to change the boot mode to Secure Boot Off, UEFI Boot Mode or Legacy Oproms Disabled.

-boot includes a One-Time Boot command in the script. It requires a subparameter:

1: Boots to UEFI PXE

2: Boots to legacy PXE

3: Boots to USB

4: Boots to SD card

5: Boots to eMMC

-flash includes a Flash Update command in the script. Requires a <filename> subparameter that specifies the flash-file binary.

-wipe includes an Invoke Data Wipe command in the script.

-epsa includes an Invoke ePSA command in the script.

-chmode includes a Change Boot Mode command in the script. Requires a subparameter:

1: Changes boot mode to Secure Boot Off, UEFI Boot Mode or Legacy Oproms Disabled.

2: Changes boot mode to Secure Boot On, UEFI Boot Mode or Legacy Oproms Disabled.

3: Changes boot mode to Secure Boot Off, Legacy Boot Mode or Legacy Oproms Enabled.

-dissec includes the Disable Secure Boot command in the script.

-default includes the Restore Defaults command in the script.

-sysinfo includes the Subset of Edge Gateway Information command in the script.

-once creates a run-once script, which is run only once.

Hello,

Whilst we don’t have an Edge 3001, you should be able to choose ‘Changes boot mode to Secure Boot Off, UEFI Boot Mode or Legacy Oproms Disabled’ (this line is a bit ambiguous, it sounds like is disables secure boot mode but enables UEFI boot and disables legacy Oproms, but maybe it means it disables secure boot and UEFI boot and legacy Oproms; it’s a shame these lines are not clearer).

The NUC image boots via UEFI and then flashes to local storage. This should at least get the flasher working, but having not tried this, you may then have issues with the flasher/running from storage. If you could provide us with any output logs, that would be helpful in trying to further help you.

Best regards, Heds