Creating a bootable USD stick with ChromOS dont work

I tried to create an USB stick to run ChromOS on my 64 bit Win10 computer.
I downloaded: chromiumos_image.bin
The BalenaEtcher did run ok both the creation and the check.
But when trying to boot from the USB stick the computer says the it is not a bootable device. Why?
On the stick D a number of devices has been created, why? See picture

Hello @kjelleric

Welcome to the balena Forums.

Please could you post details of where you downloaded the OS image from and a link to any instructions that you followed.

Thanks - Mark

Absolutely:
-1- How To Download & Install Chrome OS
-2- Chromium OS | ArnoldTheBats World of Whimsy
-3- Directory Listing of daily/ (Chromium OS Builds)
/best
KjellEric

Hello, I did not see the file chromiumos_image.bin on those pages, but on the arnoldthebat site, “Camd64OS builds denote x64 processors and Cx86OS builds denote x86 processors”, so you’d probably want to download and flash one of those files, likely an x64 one. There is also a note that “On 64 bit it should boot UEFI, not Legacy” so you may want to confirm which type of BIOS you have.

Hello @kjelleric

I downloaded and extracted an AMD64 image from the arnoldthebat site, flashed it to a USB stick with Etcher and booted a machine into ChromeOS without any problems. Did you make sure that you didn’t download an ARM image by mistake?

Regards - Mark

I have downloaded: Camd64OS-20211110231152.img.7z
Extracted chromiumos_image.bin
Did run Balena
But when trying to boot from the USB stick I get:
shim_protokol not found.
(booting from local Image A or B)
Kjell

It is possible that your hardware simply does not support the installation of ChromeOS, or that some settings in your BIOS are incorrect. You might also want to verify the checksum of the file once it is downloaded from that site, to ensure there is no corruption or missing bits. Otherwise, as there are no Etcher issues, it’s tough to determine what could be occurring here.