Chromium not working in Resin OS 2.7.5+rev1 (prod)

I have previously had chromium working without issue using Resin OS 2.3.0+rev1 (prod) - since upgrading to 2.7.5 chromium no longer will start. This is running on a raspberry-pi-3 using the “official” touchscreen display. startx and other graphical programs work (e.g. startx xeyes)

Dockerfile:

FROM resin/raspberrypi3-python:3.6.2

# Turn on container init system.
ENV INITSYSTEM on

RUN apt-get update && apt-get install -yq \
    apt-utils \
    chromium-browser \
    curl \
    libffi-dev \
    nginx \
    vim \
    xorg \
    xserver-xorg-core \
    && apt-get clean && rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/*

# From here on, it's just copying config files, installing npm/pip deps, and
# building javascript code.

SSH’ing in and attempting to run chromium-browser will yield the following:

root@99f82f5:/usr/src/mobius# chromium-browser
Illegal instruction (core dumped)

Checking the kernel version while SSH’d in - the container running in resinos-2.7.5 seems to be on 4.9.50 while container(s) in resinos-2.3.0 are on 4.4.50 so I’m assuming that may be where the issue lies - not sure what the fix is though.

Is this a fresh install of 2.7.5 or upgraded from 2.3.0?

Fresh - installed to the sd card using resin device init.

Ok the reasoning for this is likely above my pay grade, but it seems to be an issue specific to a single SD card I’m using. I’ve flashed multiple others with the same image, same code, same process and they seem to work fine, but one of my sd cards seems to not want to work - chromium continues to fail to load. I’m going to mark this as “resolved” because it’s evident it is not an issue with Resin.

Thanks for the feedback, and glad it was resolved! Sorry to hear that it was a storage issue… In general we are recommending some more robust SD cards (such as the Sandisk Extreme Pro series), which we have a lot of experience with within our team. Hope that will help in the future too :slight_smile: :floppy_disk: