Change of gateway credentials, new EUI

Hello good morning, can someone recommend me how to generate new credentials for my Gateway, RAK 2247 mounted on a rasberry pi hat, configured in LoRa Basic Station integrated to BalenaIO.

For some reason, a bug with the EUI in the LoRaWAn console caused it to get lost and now I can’t add it with the original credentials (it tells me that the EUI is busy).

I am using the balenahub project “basicstation-gateway-TTS generated by Marc Pous

Thank you very much for your support…

Hello @Rodbaca what Raspberry Pi are you using?

Maybe my inmediate answer to solve this is to use this other project balenaHub: an easier way to find and publish fleets, projects, and blocks for edge devices

Let me know if that works!

Hi Marc, thank you very much for your answer, I’m using a Rasberry Pi 3 B+ a Gateway RAK 2247 was working fine, but an error was generated in the TTN API Key that caused it to crash and not appear again in the TTN Console, I can’t recover it and the original EUI cannot be used again, the gateway was using one of the two MAC addresses as the EUI, which are displayed on the Balena bacstation dashboard.
It tries to use the second MAC Address, but it does not enter it, the balena log reflects that it is still using the previous one…

1 Like

Did you try Xose’s basicstation project @Rodbaca ? i have an open issue related with random EUI generation on my project and i didn’t find the time to check this yet!

Feel free to deploy the project using this repo → balenaHub: an easier way to find and publish fleets, projects, and blocks for edge devices

Let me know if that works

Thank you very much Marc, I’m going to work with Xoje’s image… I’ll share the results.

Saludos Rodolfo Baca

Hola @Rodbaca

Looking forward to know more about the results you get!

Hello Marc, greetings, thank you very much for your support, I tried to configure my Gateway in Balena, with the image of Xose Pérez, as suggested, I managed to change the EUI, using the second MAC address, I managed to register it, but it generated an error that reflected in Log de Balena.
07.19.22 06:25:43 (+0000) base station parse error: invalid numeric literal in EOF at line 1, column 12
Stop working and generate this message

Service exited ‘basicstation sha256:3658ffb77502652f2e466ce65b4a51a073f0941a1e65e9d1eea0bf64386cf939’

It is frustrating…

This is weird @Rodbaca could you please test the latest version that @xoseperez deployed on balenaHub?

On the other hand, could you please share all the logs here?

Thank you very much Marc, I share Logs with you, I have an observation, when the variable GATEWAY_EUI_NIC is configured with the value (wlan0), it occupies the second MAC address of the Rasberry as EUI, and the error is generated.

When the variable GATEWAY_EUI_NIC is configured with the value (eth0), it occupies as EUI, the first MAC address of the rasberry, and with this the error is not generated, however this EUI is blocked by TTN, for this reason I need generate a different EUI.

Using the variable GATEWAY_EUI_NIC with the value (eth0)

@Rodbaca could you please copy the text and paste it here among ```?

Thanks

However @Rodbaca looks like that the EUI of your gateway and the registered EUI are different! Could you please check that?

In case you want to change the EUI you can do it using the Device Variables. More information here GitHub - xoseperez/basicstation: Basics™ Station Packet Forward protocol using Docker

Hi Marc, thank you very much for your assistance, I finally managed to change the gateway credentials, integrating a new EUI and adjusting the device variables, in Balena, I have already managed to connect to TTN and the node data is working successfully, thank you very much , my enthusiasm was renewed.

:grin: :smiley: :smiley: