Can't push project

I am attempting to turn my Pi into a Wifi-Repeater

I have been following along with this tutorial On there it directed me to the wifi-repeater project from Balena github here

The Pi I have is a 3 labeled as model B+

Up to the point that I am to deploy the project everything is running smoothly. The device is “online” and has been since I plugged it in.

However,

It’s at this section I am completely lost.

In specific " From within the unzipped project directory, execute `balena push’" --How do i execute something from within this unzipped file? Do I need to put the file somewhere specific?

When I open Powershell I am able to log in. From there I try to push the project and continue to get the following:
Error: no “Dockerfile[.*]”, “docker-compose.yml” or “package.json” file
found in source folder “.”

How do I direct it to the folder that I unzipped?

This is all very new to me so I am probably missing something super obvious, but thanks in advance for any and all input!

@PineAppleCawks After unzipping the folder go inside the folder and from there press left click and select open in terminal option then write this command inside the terminal → (balena login --web )after you successfully logged in then enter this command in the same terminal windows → (balena push wifi-repeater)

This turned out to be another noob problem I was having.

I didn’t realize that you have to download and install Windows Terminal. I had read the tutorial up and down and it doesn’t mention that part anywhere. It’s probably mentioned somewhere else or just assumed to be known!

Like I said this is all new to me lol!

Thanks for your response!

1 Like