can't connect to local TTN stack dashboard

I’ trying to crate a local TTN stack on a raspberry pi 4 using the Balena cloud, but can not log into the device to see the ttn dashboard after the device comes up.
I have created a fleet and added a device with the following settings;
Raspberry pi 4
V 5.1.20
BalenaOS
Development
Wifi + ethernet

The device does connect easily to the balena dashboard and says connected. Postgres, redis, and stack all download and start running; However I get the following error on stack on the dashboard:

stack exec ./entrypoint.sh: exec format error
Restarting service ‘stack sha256:5304108578…’
Service exited ‘stack sha256:530410857…’

I cannot use the local or public IP address ( option turned on) to get to the ttn dashboard. I cannot use the connect icon on the dashbaord to get to the device ( public url)… I get the following error:

We encountered an error when reaching this balena.io device:**
UUID 557a2ee13e040cb2443a0cf96f80810a
tunneling socket could not be established: 500
One possible reason is because nothing is listening on port 80 on the device.

I can reboot the device from the balena dash board though!

When I run diagnostics every thing is fine except one:
Check_service_stack … FAILED

I have tried different versions of the download file, different computers to burn the SD card with no avail…

I am sure this is pilot error … could someone please give me a clue to solve this… THANK YOU !
-B

Hello @bmac first of all welcome to the balena community!

Could you please confirm why you can’t use the public IP address?

Could you please share the device variables that you have set up?

Looking forward to help you to set up the TTN stack :slight_smile:

Thank you Marc for your reply!
Not exactly sure what you mean by device variables but I will give it a shot:

• Using a Raspberry PI 4B - 8GB with a 16 GB Micro SD card

• I Have created a fleet and added devices using the Balena dashboard on both windows and ubuntu computers - the images were flashed using etcher.

As I first noted, the Pi is running the Balena TTN stack and appears fine in the Balena dashboard. However, I cannot connect to the device using the local IP or Public IP address - the browser comes up with an error saying it cannot connect to the device. Then using the dashboard, I switch on “Public Device URL” and try to connect with the public IP address and get the same error. I then trying clicking on the Public Device URL Icon to go to the site and I get a connection error that says that nothing is listening on port 80.

We encountered an error when reaching this balena.io device:**
UUID 557a2ee13e040cb2443a0cf96f80810a
tunneling socket could not be established: 500
One possible reason is because nothing is listening on port 80 on the device.

All the services are up and running:

However I have been getting this error for the stack which keeps appearing over and over:

When I run diagnostics, everything is fine except one:
Check_service_stack … FAILED

What’s is strange is that I can reboot the device using the actions drop down menu in the dashboard.

I have even tried downloading prior versions of the ttn image using the drop down menu in the add device to fleet pop up window but get the same problems.

I appreciate any assistance you can give me…!
-B

It looks like the stack service is not running properly on your device. Could you please share a screenshot of your balenaCloud account (feel free to hide the IP address, etc.)

Thanks

Here you go… thanks for looking at this…