Cannot push built image (staging)

I am trying to test an image that is only available on resinstaging, but my pushes are failing with the following error:

[Build]    Successfully tagged registry2.resinstaging.io:443/meow/9d0ad70e7844c982241079dc054cd6111ba4072e:latest
[Success]  Image created successfully
[Info]     Verifying image integrity...
[Success]  Image passed integrity checks!
[Info]     Uploading image to registry...
[==================>                                ] 36%[Error]    
Build failed: error parsing HTTP 413 response body: invalid character '<' looking for beginning of value: "<html>\r\n<head><title>413 Request Entity Too Large</title></head>\r\n<body bgcolor=\"white\">\r\n<center><h1>413 Request Entity Too Large</h1></center>\r\n<hr><center>cloudflare-nginx</center>\r\n</body>\r\n</html>\r\n"

(Scroll right if the log message is getting cut off)

As you can see the Docker image is building successfully, but it appears to be failing at some point during the upload.

Thanks for the report, we’re looking into this. We’ve had another user report this independently, suggesting that something’s up in one of our staging services, but I’ve just tried setting up an fresh app and pushing a build to staging myself and it seems to work nicely. Is there any particularly large output in your build? Can you reliably reproduce this issue?

@aric-mira
Thanks for reporting this, we’ve looked into, and it turns out to be because of cloudflare which we use on our staging environment. We’ve reconfigured the integration, and this shouldn’t happen again.

Please let us know if you encounter anything similar! As an aside, we only use the particular cloudflare feature on resinstaging, so resin.io wasn’t affected :slight_smile:

Cameron

Thanks for looking into this! I did try later yesterday with a much smaller project and it succeeded.

I just tried again and it’s now prompting me for a password for staging applications on push :frowning: Prod applications are working fine, and I have the same SSH key setup for both staging and prod.

Hey @aric-mira

We are currently performing maintenance on our staging infrastructure, so it will be flaky for the next few hours and may fail in unexpected ways.

Cameron

Gotcha no problem, will try again later. Is the status of staging exposed anywhere like status.resin.io, or a maintenance schedule? Understand if that’s too much overhead, but would be useful for knowing when to test on staging.

As we also test on staging ourselves, we tend not to advertise it as a stable platform. Whilst we do try to keep everything up and running as normal, we don’t worry too much when something goes wrong. Because of this, we don’t really advertise downtime for staging, intentional or not.