Black bar on top and left of chromium browser

Hello,

I am experiencing an issue with a small margin appearing on the top and left of my 1920x1080 touch screen, I am using a Pi4 with the balenaDash repo, It is causing a small portion of my screen to not be visible in the bottom and right, please see attached:

I have tried a number of combinations from https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/configuration/config-txt/video.md
I tried

• Disabling/enabling overscan on the device and on my monitor
  • Setting custom overscan to and left properties
  • Changing the screen size
  • Setting different framebuffer_width, framebuffer_height, max_framebuffer_height & max_framebuffer_width properties
  • Setting a custom WINDOW_SIZE variable

It seems as though the window is the correct size, there is just a margin that needs to be removed?
Can you help in any way?

The splash screen has no border

Hey Patrick,

We can try setting the window position of chrome to set it we’ll need to add the flag --window-position=0,0.
We can override the current flags by setting FLAGS variable to $KIOSK --disable-dev-shm-usage --ignore-gpu-blacklist --enable-gpu-rasterization --force-gpu-rasterization --autoplay-policy=no-user-gesture-required --user-data-dir=/usr/src/app/settings --enable-features=WebRTC-H264WithOpenH264FFmpeg --window-position=0,0

Let us know if this works for you.

Cheers,
Amit

1 Like

Thanks @iamsolankiamit!!!

I cant believe I spent a whole day on this :see_no_evil: