balenaDash only displaying on left half of screen

I tried setting up a video calling device using balenaDash as per the following guide:

Everything seems to be working, except that the browser window only uses the left half of the screen.

I checked with different URLs, so it is not Jitsi related, and with the cursor enabled, I can move the cursor across the entire screen, but the browser/kiosk block only occupies the left half.

I’ve tried all the variables I could find to force it to use the full screen, but with no success.

Hi

This seems like an issue with the resolutions. Can you share what value you have set for the variable BALENA_HOST_CONFIG_hdmi_cvt?
More info about the possible values for that - GitHub - balenalabs/balena-dash: Build a Raspberry Pi based desktop dashboard for stats, photos, videos and more!

Hi there…

Just following up to see if you resolved the issue with balenaDash?

Hey @monty -

Seems like you might be sorted, but in case this helps anyone I’ll add some relevant info:

There are several things that can cause the browser block (which underpins balenaDash) to no use the whole screen to display, including using custom HDMI settings, as Anuj hinted at above. The best thing to try first is to set the WINDOW_SIZE environment variable. If you know your TV or monitor has a resolution of 1920x1080, then you can set WINDOW_SIZE to have a value of 1920,1080 and that should see the image correctly displayed.

Hope that helps anyone else. :wink:
Phil