Bintray disapear...

I’ve tried to update/upgrade the stretch version to buster and wifi card stop working. I’ve tried to compile but seems that bintray.com (where /balenaos/raspbian files are) is not working anymore redirecting to Center Sunset | JFrog ?! So can’t compile or rebuild any of the .so or merge. Neither the script on your github works due to that ( GitHub - balena-os/balenafin-raspbian: Raspbian support for balenaFin ) failing with “forbiden”.

I need the upgrade otherwise SIM is not working (it did work after upgrade…but no wifi. I need both).

Hi there Ricardo, sorry to hear about the troubles. We are in the process of updating to an open-source version of the WiFi driver, as that previous sd8887-mrvl won’t work on newer kernels. We have ongoing efforts, and you can follow along here: Getting an error when running `balenafin-ify.sh` on Linux raspberrypi 5.10.17-v7+ #1414 SMP Fri Apr 30 13:18:35 BST 2021 armv7l GNU/Linux · Issue #8 · balena-os/balenafin-raspbian · GitHub

Problem isn’t only the update to buster. Are the updates or fresh builds of stretch even. Because bintray (used on apt-get) is no longer working.

We manage to put the SIM working with stretch (I will update a convenient thread with the proper steps) but the detection of the sim-card still not working.

Hi, just a quick update. We have now merged an update to the master branch in balenafin-raspbian with the update to Buster and the updated wireless driver. We still need to validate the images before officially releasing the update, but it might unblock you.

2 Likes

I’m already trying now. Thanks

Hello @ricardoosorio ! Let us know how it goes so that we can prep some more user-facing info/docs to help others. Thanks for much for your work here.