belanaEtcher not recognizing my USB

I’ve downloaded balenaEtcher on both my Mac and PC. Getting set up and downloading the image I wanted to flash was very easy on both. But also on both, balenaEtcher is not recognizing my USB. I purchased a brand new microSD card reader:

and a 4GB sd card both SanDisk and plug into my USB port. I can see on the PC that the SanDisk is there, but I can’t select it on balenaEtcher.

That’s quite strange. Can you share screenshots? Also, this could be a permissions issue I believe. Are you running etcher as admin or the user that you are using to open Etcher - does that user have any restrictions?

Hello,

I have a similiar reoccuring problem with that Sandisk Card Reader and a specific series of Sandisk microSDs (Red in the Screenshot):

Everytime I try to flash an Image to one of those Cards, the flashing process is failing and the cards will no longer be detected from windows/diskpart or on my Raspberry Linux. Also cant recover them. It doesnt matter also If I use another microSD Reader, but to be sure I have ordered an third one today to test further.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B06XWMQ81P

I am using an local admin user and only the Sandisk Card Reader is detected, but not the inserted Sandisk (from my previous posts) anymore since I have used Etcher again with that sandisk model

Based on Etcher broke my USB stick … or did it?