Basicstation, but online status is relativly short & sporadic

Hi Folks,

I’m running a PI4 with a 2287 Rak Lora concentrator and it’s running fine, no complaints. However, I’m observing short “online” times while I haven’t touch the device. Any clue what could be causing those sporadic (probably) reboots?

/rw

Hello @rjwelling what basicstation are you using?

Thanks

hi @mpous no long no speak, I’m using GitHub - xoseperez/basicstation: Basics™ Station Packet Forward protocol using Docker version. Happy to provide you remote access.

Could you please share some logs here? Thanks!

El dc., 15 de juny 2022, 15:59, Robert Welling via balenaForums <notifications@balena.discoursemail.com> va escriure:

basicstations2_large-antelope-15.06.22_19 03 03_(+0200).txt (155.3 KB)

@mpous logs uploaded, albeit for a short time while in operation. Currently it’s 10h online.

now currently 2 hours online, so something happend so added a new log
basicstations2_large-antelope-15.06.22_21 59 47_(+0200).txt (153.3 KB)

currently 19 minutes online and I think I captured some events over here (ignore all the other logs)

basicstations2_large-antelope-16.06.22_14 21 57_(+0200).txt (137.1 KB)

@rjwelling just to clarify the issue detected is related with the Time sync rejected?

I do see a lot of time sync rejects as well, but I don’t know if that’s the RCA of the behaviour I see.

I deployed the gateway yesterday on a RAK2287 and i had some time rejections as well, but i couldn’t get most of your errors.

@xoseperez could you please help here to see how we can improve the Time sync rejected of a basicstation gateway?

FYI, there seems to be a ticket?

1 Like

The time drift is a known issue but I don’t think it’s the cause of the reboot. In the last log it looks like it a network issue:

<basicstation> 2022-06-16 12:02:11.820 [AIO:ERRO] Recv failed: NET - Connection was reset by peer

Then it tries to connect again but the concentrator does not reset and if fails to start it over again. This is a bug in my code. It then reboots the service and works OK. The whole process takes almost 2 minutes. Not good.

[xoseperez] ahhh, ok… great you’ve found it… what’s next? some add. info, it runs via mobile RUT360 together with a SenseCap m1 Helium which runs pretty stable so with the actual network connection itself is nothing wrong. (that one rebooted 2022-06-14 17:08:10(UTC+2) )