Balena white blank screen

I have loded balena on my linux ubuntu 20.3 una and all I get is a blank white screen on my apple computer it works but when I use it to use another ubuntu program for my raspberry pi it does not boot the green led stays off but I can see the files on the sd card when I put it in my apple and linux computers.

Hi@daw, just confirming that its balenaEtcher that is displaying the blank screen? Could you send a screenshot and let me know what version of etcher you are running and what OS version you are running?

Hi @daw, in addition to Lizzie’s questions, could you also please clarify what do you mean by “when I use it to use another ubuntu program for my raspberry pi it does not boot”? Do you mean when you flash ubuntu using Etcher on a Mac to a microSD card, the RPi does not boot from that card?

When I put sd card into the raspberry pi to run the ubuntu program it does not run the green led does not light up only the red led lights

@daw which version of Etcher are you running? What is the version of your Mac OS?

It is the latest one on your web site I am not at home to see the Mac but it did work on the Mac

I’m a bit confused about the problems here, is the Mac version working correctly, or is it making un-bootable SD cards? As for Etcher version, I assume it’s v1.10.2?
Also, I don’t think there’s Ubuntu “una”, there’s Linux Mint 20.3 “una”, is that the one you’re running? and on which device is it?

The balena does not work on the ubuntu what comes up is blank white screen the apple goes through the procedure where I take a download file and flash it to sd card and when I put the sd card into the raspberry pi so I can run ubuntu on it the red led stays on and the green led stays off so the ubuntu program won’t run on the raspberry

@daw which Mac OS version are you using? I just tested on 11.7 (Big Sur) and 12.5 (Monterey), they both work.

I have Monterey 12.6

Can you try 1.10.6 ?

Same problem here. Using Windows 7. The only version of Etcher that seems to be available is v1.10.2.
Tried to install 3 times - white screen every time

@daw can you confirm for us which version of Ubuntu you’re using from this list? Releases - Ubuntu Wiki

@aermacchi we’re aware of incompatibility between Windows 7 and newer versions of Etcher; my understanding is that the last known-working version of Etcher was v1.7.9. Since Microsoft doesn’t support Win7 anymore, my guess is that we would focus our efforts on supporting current OS versions instead, but I’ll at least reach out to the team and see if we can get you access to v1.7.9. Stay tuned!

Also, if either of you have created a GitHub issue for this already, please let me know so that I can share it with our team!

Thank you. I need Etcher so I can download Linux Mint. Trying to switch my computers to Mint.
P. S. Windows is supporting (by paid license) my version of Windows 7 through January 10

@aermacchi, oh interesting, I was only thinking of consumer support, but of course there are still contracts out there for extensions! Thanks for raising awareness. For certain we will end support when Electron does (Farewell, Windows 7/8/8.1 | Electron) since Etcher is built using Electron, but I’ll see what I can find out in the meantime for sure.

Thank you for your assistance! (and happy holiday of your choice)

Haha, you’re welcome, and happy holidays to you as well @aermacchi!

As Kenna said Etcher 1.7.9 should be the latest version to works fine on win7.

Our main issue is not electron but nodejs 14 which dropped support for win7