Balena OS for Orange Pi Zero 2.60.1+rev1 still in staging

Balena OS for Orange Pi Zero 2.60.1+rev1 has been in staging for sometime, could it be moved to production? It received some updates which were deemed important for wi-fi (wifi-connect - wpa_supplicant[848]: wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-SCAN-FAILED ret=-95 retry=1 - #80 by majorz wifi-connect - wpa_supplicant[848]: wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-SCAN-FAILED ret=-95 retry=1 - #52 by floion). I realise these are community maintained so sometimes not bumped unless requested.

Any update on this? I have come across another issue that is helped by 2.60.1: Chronyc config is bad if device comes online without internet - #40 by alexgg

Hey there, I’ve created an issue in the device repo and notified the devices team so it will be on their radar. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

You can subscribe to this issue for further updates:

Would it be possible to attach some details on level of support next to each of the boards on the Balena OS page: balenaOS - Run Docker containers on embedded IoT devices ?

It seems some are community supported and not actively maintained. Some indication of which is which would be helpful.

I’m doing the end of year progress review. A major hiccup has been interpreting these Allwinners as your supported boards. We proceeded with Allwinner devices, namely the Orange Pi Zero’s. A significant amount of time invested in case design and production, but they are lagging behind so much in OS and Supervisor updates we are looking at starting over with something else. Would have been helpful for their to be clearer indication of the maintenance statuses on the OS page.

Hey @maggie0002, I know this has been under discussion recently and I found some notes on where we landed. I believe we are planning to deprecate the community status entirely in favour of assigning “owners” to device types. So it could be owned by balena-os or another org or a community member. This is not finalized but it’s the direction we want to go and I’ve tracked your request for making the owner information available to make informed purchasing decisions!

1 Like