Adding Updated Kernel image and RTL-SDR drivers into base ResinOS image?

Hi, I found resin.io recently and plan to use to our IoT project, we basically capture audio, but we use a new hardware audio card, that need compile new version of kernel.

Instructions here: http://forum.audioinjector.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3

And we use to RTL-SDR that need backlist some default linux modelus and add the new compiled.

You have to install development packages for libusb1.0 and can either use cmake or autotools to build the software.

Please note: prior pulling a new version from git and compiling it, please do a “make uninstall” first to properly remove the previous version.

Building with cmake:

cd rtl-sdr/
mkdir build
cd build
cmake ../
make
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig

In order to be able to use the dongle as a non-root user, you may install the appropriate udev rules file by calling cmake with -DINSTALL_UDEV_RULES=ON argument in the above build steps.

cmake ../ -DINSTALL_UDEV_RULES=ON
Building with autotools:

cd rtl-sdr/
autoreconf -i
./configure
make
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig

The built executables (rtl_sdr, rtl_tcp and rtl_test) can be found in rtl-sdr/src/.

In order to be able to use the dongle as a non-root user, you may install the appropriate udev rules file by calling

sudo make install-udev-rules

We need this for later can access to the Devices from inside the linux containers.

Can point me to the right direction to reach this setups using ResinOS? I has currently installed manually into a Sketch Raspibian version and works well.

THanks!

Hi @mediainbox. You mentioned an updated kernel. Which version are you referring to? I suspect you need a certain overlay as I’ve seen following the link.

Hi @agherzan, thanks for the response! yes I require
dtoverlay=audioinjector-wm8731-audio

But for lucky I tested and is available into the current 4.9.x kernel.

I’ll like to ask when plan to move to 4.14? or near kernel.

Thanks

The BSP support will most probably be available in sumo release. Which is due at the end of next month. That will include 4.14.