WifFi usb dongle is not detected after reboot

Hello everyone!

I’m currently using a ugreen WiFi USB dongle with the RTL8811CU driver as an access point for my NVIDIA Jetson Xavier NX. The dongle works fine, but I’m encountering an issue after rebooting the system. The device is not detected unless I unplug and replug it.

I would greatly appreciate your assistance in resolving this problem. Has anyone experienced a similar issue or knows of a solution to ensure that the device is recognized automatically after a system reboot?

Thank you in advance for your help!

hello there,

is the dongle detected in the HOST OS after the reboot? Or is this problem inly within the container. Thanks!

Hi.
Thanks for your quick reply.
No dongle is not detected by the HOST OS after reboot.

from the dmesg logs, can you see this dongle mentioned anywhere after a reboot? And is it not showing up even in lsusb, or is it just not being enumerated into a network interface? I’ve had behaviour before where the network interface name changes after a reboot - just eliminating this possibility before carrying on.

Apart from that, could you share the HOST OS version that you are using?

Thanks!

dmesg logs according the usb.

usb 1-2: new high-speed USB device number 2 using tegra-xusb
usb 1-2: Device not responding to setup address.
usb 1-2: device not accepting address 2, error -71
usb 1-2: new high-speed USB device number 3 using tegra-xusb
usb 1-2: Device not responding to setup address.
usb 1-2: device not accepting address 3, error -71
usb usb1-port2: attempt power cycle
usb 1-2: new high-speed USB device number 4 using tegra-xusb
usb 1-2: device descriptor read/64, error -71
usb 1-2: new high-speed USB device number 5 using tegra-xusb
zram0: detected capacity change from 0 to 4074270720
usb usb1-port2: unable to enumerate USB device

I am using balenaOS 2.75.0+rev1(Linux version 4.9.140-l4t-r32.4).

Thanks!

Hi, looking at these github comments and issues SwitchBot Read Only with realtek RTL8822CU adapter · Issue #86726 · home-assistant/core · GitHub Won't connect to an AP after reboot. · Issue #156 · brektrou/rtl8821CU · GitHub it appears that the problem may be widespread with these type of adapters. The logs you shared indicate a wifi adapter problem, likely with its firmware. You can try to use uhubctl to reset the usb port after startup and see if this solves the problem, or try to use a different type of adapter.

I hope you’re doing well. I’m currently facing an issue with my ugreen WiFi USB dongle, which uses the RTL8811CU driver, on my NVIDIA Jetson Xavier NX. The dongle functions properly, but I encounter a problem every time I reboot the system. The device is not detected automatically unless I manually unplug and replug it.

I’m seeking assistance from the community to find a solution for this inconvenience. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue with this dongle or have any suggestions on how to ensure that the device is recognized automatically after a system reboot? Regards