Getting below error for wifi-connect on jetson nano

Trying to run wifi-connect on jetson nano , getting below error

device uuid - 685fcb8a6920acadfc64fedca8c62c66 , in case someone from balena support wants to look.

nmcli d wifi list output ----

docker-compose.yml

38%20PM

Thanks for providing the UUID. I will check the NetworkManager and kernel logs now.

The WiFi dongle attached to the device does not support access point mode (or the driver it is using does not support it). It is hard to find a WiFi dongle that runs flawlessly on Linux. I would advise for trying out a few different ones and see what works best for you.

I am a bit of a newbie but I have had good luck with the

Intel wifi6 ax200

I have 2 copies of ax200.
One works on a Windows 64 Pro laptop (old toshiba qosmio)
The second works on the Nvidia Jetson Nano Developer board…

The intel drivers for wifi seem to work well and are extremely fast.

Good luck…

Ksmith9109

I’m having a similar issue on my Jetson Nano with a TP-link TL-WN722N, same docker-compose file.

Starting wifi-connect_wifi-connect_1 ... done
Attaching to wifi-connect_wifi-connect_1
wifi-connect_1  | Checking internet connectivity ...
wifi-connect_1  | Your device is already connected to the internet.
wifi-connect_1  | Starting up Wifi-Connect.\n Connect to the Access Point and configure the SSID and Passphrase for the network to connect to.
wifi-connect_1  | Cannot get the NetworkManager service state
wifi-connect_1  | thread 'main' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: D-Bus error: Failed to connect to socket /host/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory (org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.FileNotFound)', /checkout/src/libcore/result.rs:906:4
wifi-connect_1  | note: Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` for a backtrace.
wifi-connect_1  | Checking internet connectivity ...
wifi-connect_1  | Your device is already connected to the internet.
wifi-connect_1  | Skipping setting up Wifi-Connect Access Point. Will check again in 120 seconds

Hello,

Welcome to the forums.
Looking at the log, it appears to be a different issue than the previous user. I believe this thread would be closer to the issue you’re experiencing: D-Bus setup failed: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory - #2 by CameronDiver

You can also take a look at the documentation here: Communicate outside the container - Balena Documentation . You may be missing this line in your Dockerfile:

DBUS_SYSTEM_BUS_ADDRESS=unix:path=/host/run/dbus/system_bus_socket

I am trying it on a khadas VIM 3 which has the same architecture as jetson nano (aarch64), and I ran into the same issue. So I’m not sure why it works for others, but in my case what I did was to add the

volumes:
  - /run/dbus/system_bus_socket:/host/run/dbus/system_bus_socket

which is where DBUS_SYSTEM_BUS_ADDRESS was pointing to, but didn’t have access. Now it works on my khadas. Haven’t tested it yet in my Jetson, but most likely it will :slight_smile: