Trouble with barys lead bitbake build crapping out

Hi,

I’m trying to build up some OrangePi host images here and ran into trouble with my build system crapping out (VirtualBox dodginess).

However the upshot was that bitbake wouldn’t continue building the recipe it failed in the middle of, in this case rust.

Having dealt with Yocto failure modes more than a few times the solution for me is usually to run a bitbake -c cleansstate recipe_foo.

However I couldn’t see an obvious way to pass this through to the bitbake build via barys.

So I had a bit of a play and this worked to clean up the recipe for me, so am sharing with you lovely people,

./balena-yocto-scripts/build/barys -d -m orangepi-plus2 --bitbake-target '-c cleansstate rust'

Maybe I missed something obvious but it would be nice to have a command option to pass this type of thing through officially when things bugger up.

Cheers,

Alex

Usually when I hit this, I use bitbake directly. So in the existing repo dir where I am building with barys and see the issue, I usually do:

source layers/poky/oe-init-build-env

and then issue the appropriate command considering the desired machine type:

MACHINE= bitbake -c

What is wrong with how you used it? ( ./balena-yocto-scripts/build/barys -d -m orangepi-plus2 --bitbake-target ‘-c cleansstate rust’)

Yes you’re right. For some reason initially I had trouble setting up with oe-init-build-env but I got that going and it is a much easier way to develop…