Transfer release between two fleets

Hello,

I’m wondering if it’s possible (or on the roadmap) to transfer a release between two fleets with equivalent device types?

We’ve been using balena to deploy devices to both a development test fleet and a production fleet. Through the course of development testing, we create many release builds that aren’t necessarily “production” builds for customer deployment. We also have logging & configuration defaults for development, and more relaxed permissions on the dev fleet.

It would be very helpful to maintain a locked-down production fleet that we can transfer releases to when we’ve tested & validated them.

1 Like

Hello,
Please see the response I have provided in a similar forum thread (which I notice you were in as well): Release transfer between fleets at the same organisation

I hope this addresses your question, please let me know if you still have any questions or would like any clarification. If this does not address your question/feedback, could you please let me know what is unsatisfactory about the given workaround so that I can understand more about your usecase and take any other factors into consideration?