Team Topologies Balena.io mention

Team balena -

Just a quick shout out for a fun (and quite favorable) mention of balena I encountered while reading a book titled “Team Topologies: Organizing Business and Technology Teams for Fast Flow”:

The chapter talks about ‘good platforms’ and enhancing the Developer Experience (DevEx) through removing cognitive load and reducing complexity. You’re mentioned right up there with other smash hits like Linux, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, and Kubernetes! Okay, so they also mentioned the IBM 8086 processor, Windoze, Borland Delphi, .Net and Azure – but if I look past my bias, I can see the usability / appeal of these others, as well.

I have to say I agree with the authors 100%: It’s clear that you’ve invested significant time and energy into removing (okay, managing / abstracting) the underlying complexity, allowing the developer to focus on their task at hand.

Nice coverage and exposure!! With exponentially less reach than this book - I’ve been telling everyone I know about the platform. :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey @snowake,
Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention! We’ve shared this internally and a number of us who hadn’t previously seen it have added it to our reading list (myself included)!
We love hearing your feedback, and we’re so happy you’re enjoying the products as much as we enjoy making them!
Stay safe out there,
Kyle