Support for Toradex Verdin modules?

Because of hardware shortages, I’ve been looking at new compute platforms. I have found the Toradex Verdin family of modules (particularly the Verdin iMX8M Mini) to be well suited to my needs, but have had some difficulty getting their bsp layers to work with balena OS following this guide.

Could I get some assistance porting balena os to this platform? Preferably with support for their flasher image format for easy provisioning over a local network.

Also, the guide mentions support for Toradex platforms at the bottom, but the linked repository is archived and hasn’t been updated since 2018.

Hello @aferm thanks for contacting us.

As we don’t support the Toradex Verdin compute modules yet we have 2 possibilities:

• check if there is another hardware available, if this is a possibility
  • or give you support on building the custom board support

Then, what are your hardware requirements? Maybe there is another available hardware in the market already supported on balena that can fit your needs? Let us know if this is a possibility for your project and we can help you to find another compatible hardware.

If there is no other hardware possible for your project, could you please share the errors that you get building the BSP layers?

Let us know how we can help you more!

Thanks