Run your private The Things Stack network server on a Raspberry Pi with balena

Thank you very much, your career is a great inspiration to me, thank you for giving so much to the community

2 Likes

Is this working now @rojasyal ? Could you please share what you did?

1 Like

Hi @mpous, yes it is working,
I did the other deployment using Balena CLI.

1. Clone the repository to my workplace.
  2. Cd the-things-stack-docker
  3. balena push [Fleet]
1 Like

Hi @mpous I am going to use node red with an ethernet port, how do I enable the native ethernet port of the raspberry pi and assign it a static IP.

I am using this image on the raspberry pi

Hello @rojasyal i’m not sure what do you need exactly. Do you need to assign to the Node-RED service to a static IP address? or what’s the reason?

Thanks

On the raspberry I have TTN running, that TTN data is consumed by MQTT to node red, but I must deliver it by MODBUS TCP/IP. The raspberry only has one Ethernet port and I have connected a USB to Ethernet converter. How could you see the IP that it has? I assign to that port.

Hi @mpous I am trying to configure a static IP using the documentation but when making the change in the file it continues with the same IP in balena cloud.

@rojasyal could you please share how are you defining the container?

Hi @mpous, i fixed IP static… i have problem when i want yo use modbus tcp IP It gives me an error with port 502 It tell me thats Is clósed. Enable It in docker compose, unsuccesfully

What error do you get @rojasyal ? Did you change the docker-compose of the project?

I have no errores but when using port 502 I verified that it is closed

Hi, Modbus port 502 on node red is blocked, any way to solve it?

Igual para el puerto 18502.

Could you please confirm how do you open port 502 on the node-RED container on the docker-compose or the Dockerfile @rojasyal ?

Yes, I added it in the docker-compose in the node-red port part without success. It’s something I don’t understand that blocks that port in Balena.

Could you please share the docker-compose @rojasyal ?

yes

@rojasyal could you please build from the Node-RED project?

Thanks

Hi mpous, I am testing the balena node red image and I have the same problem, it does not connect to port 502 or 18502 of modbus, instead I try to do this from node red in its normal version and it works.

so I have the configuration

Modbus