Roolback version if update failed

Hi,

I need information about update strategy. I would like to know if supervisor it is able to detect service failure after update (container always restart) and rollback to old release version.

On my devices, I have 3gManager service which manage internet access. If update of this service failed, I loose my device access. Of course when I push a new release I have test stage. I would like to have another security mechanism.

Thanks,
Ben

Hi,
I guess you mean when you update an application? We don’t have such a mechanism in the supervisor and we would advise to use the ModemManager in the hostOS to connect to the internet.
If you mean an hostOS update, there is a watchdog for that. So when you perform a hostOS update, the device will boot into the new OS and will wait for I think ~15 minutes for an internet connection, if it is not able to get an internet connection, the device will reboot back into the old host operating system version.

Yes, it’s for application update. At the moment, we have a few restrictions to use our service to connect to internet. But we are thinking about a solution to use your ModemManager.

Ben