I am trying to get an Node.js v12 application running on Raspberry Pi 4 - but I am running into some problems. I have tested the code on my local machine, and seems to run fine.
When I first create the SD from the balena dashboard, everything works fine. I enable
local mode and deploy my code with
sudo balena push 192.168.8.127 -s . Initially this works fine, but then after some time it crashes. Can’t discover the Pi on the network. Red and green LED’s are constant ON. What I did to trouble shoot:
- It’s an official Raspberry Pi 4 power supply
- SD card is 32GB SanDisk 10 A1
- Remove and add power does not help (when giving power to the Pi, the green LED flashes for 10 seconds, before going solid ON)
- Inspecting the SD card on my Mac shows Resin boot, and everything seems ok
- When I deploy a “clean” image, before pushing any code, the problem does not occur.
How to continue from here?
I am currently trying to deploy the codebase to a Raspberry Pi 3 connected with Ethernet.
After spending the day fixing this, I found the problem. Created an github issue here, with a description and solution.