Radxa Rock CM3 Support

Hi,

Looks like support for the Rock CM3 was added to the balena-radxa layer 3 weeks ago. However I don’t see an image for the CM3. Is there any instructions on how to build an image for the CM3 using Yocto?

I would like to try BalenaOS and openBalana to see if it is suitable for our use case.

Thanks

Adam

Looks like the build is not ready yet as getting fetcher errors from the master branch of balena-radxa for a number of packages. Following command is being used to build

./balena-yocto-scripts/build/barys -k -d -m radxa-cm3-io-rk3566

It is an issue with building on a Ubuntu 22.04 host, looks to be building ok now on Ubuntu 20.04

Unfortunately the build completes but the image is not created due to errors against uboot I believe. What am I doing wrong?

| NOTE: make -j 4 CROSS_COMPILE=aarch64-poky-linux- CC=aarch64-poky-linux-gcc --sysroot=/home/adamheavens/balena-radxa/build/tmp/work/radxa_cm3_io_rk3566-poky-linux/u-boot-radxa-cm3-io/1.0-r0/recipe-sysroot V=1 HOSTCC=gcc -isystem/home/adamheavens/balena-radxa/build/tmp/work/radxa_cm3_io_rk3566-poky-linux/u-boot-radxa-cm3-io/1.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/include -O2 -pipe -L/home/adamheavens/balena-radxa/build/tmp/work/radxa_cm3_io_rk3566-poky-linux/u-boot-radxa-cm3-io/1.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/lib -L/home/adamheavens/balena-radxa/build/tmp/work/radxa_cm3_io_rk3566-poky-linux/u-boot-radxa-cm3-io/1.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/lib -Wl,–enable-new-dtags -Wl,-rpath-link,/home/adamheavens/balena-radxa/build/tmp/work/radxa_cm3_io_rk3566-poky-linux/u-boot-radxa-cm3-io/1.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath-link,/home/adamheavens/balena-radxa/build/tmp/work/radxa_cm3_io_rk3566-poky-linux/u-boot-radxa-cm3-io/1.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/lib -Wl,-rpath,/home/adamheavens/balena-radxa/build/tmp/work/radxa_cm3_io_rk3566-poky-linux/u-boot-radxa-cm3-io/1.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath,/home/adamheavens/balena-radxa/build/tmp/work/radxa_cm3_io_rk3566-poky-linux/u-boot-radxa-cm3-io/1.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/lib -Wl,-O1 -Wl,–allow-shlib-undefined -Wl,–dynamic-linker=/home/adamheavens/balena-radxa/build/tmp/sysroots-uninative/x86_64-linux/lib/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 PYTHON2=nativepython STAGING_INCDIR=/home/adamheavens/balena-radxa/build/tmp/work/radxa_cm3_io_rk3566-poky-linux/u-boot-radxa-cm3-io/1.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/include STAGING_LIBDIR=/home/adamheavens/balena-radxa/build/tmp/work/radxa_cm3_io_rk3566-poky-linux/u-boot-radxa-cm3-io/1.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/lib -C /home/adamheavens/balena-radxa/build/tmp/work/radxa_cm3_io_rk3566-poky-linux/u-boot-radxa-cm3-io/1.0-r0/git O=/home/adamheavens/balena-radxa/build/tmp/work/radxa_cm3_io_rk3566-poky-linux/u-boot-radxa-cm3-io/1.0-r0/build/ BL31=/home/adamheavens/balena-radxa/build/tmp/deploy/images/radxa-cm3-io-rk3566/radxa-binary/bl31.elf spl/u-boot-spl.bin u-boot.dtb u-boot.itb
| ./tools/mkimage: Can’t open /home/adamheavens/balena-radxa/build/tmp/deploy/images/radxa-cm3-io-rk3566/radxa-binary/ddr.bin: No such file or directory
| Error: SPL image is too large (size 0xffffffff than 0xf000)
| Error: Bad parameters for image type
| Usage: ./tools/mkimage -l image
| -l ==> list image header information
| ./tools/mkimage [-x] -A arch -O os -T type -C comp -a addr -e ep -n name -d data_file[:data_file…] image
| -A ==> set architecture to ‘arch’
| -O ==> set operating system to ‘os’
| -T ==> set image type to ‘type’
| -C ==> set compression type ‘comp’
| -a ==> set load address to ‘addr’ (hex)
| -e ==> set entry point to ‘ep’ (hex)
| -n ==> set image name to ‘name’
| -d ==> use image data from ‘datafile’
| -x ==> set XIP (execute in place)
| ./tools/mkimage [-D dtc_options] [-f fit-image.its|-f auto|-F] [-b [-b ]] [-i <ramdisk.cpio.gz>] fit-image
| file is used with -f auto, it may occur multiple times.
| -D => set all options for device tree compiler
| -f => input filename for FIT source
| -i => input filename for ramdisk file
| -v => set FIT image version in decimal
| Signing / verified boot not supported (CONFIG_FIT_SIGNATURE undefined)
| ./tools/mkimage -V ==> print version information and exit
| Use ‘-T list’ to see a list of available image types
| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.
| ERROR: Execution of ‘/home/adamheavens/balena-radxa/build/tmp/work/radxa_cm3_io_rk3566-poky-linux/u-boot-radxa-cm3-io/1.0-r0/temp/run.do_compile.2525532’ failed with exit code 1
ERROR: Task (/home/adamheavens/balena-radxa/build/…/layers/meta-radxa/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-radxa-cm3-io.bb:do_compile) failed with exit code ‘1’

Not sure if I am missing something or this is not a working build yet?

Hi, we had some issues with the CI and the radxa-cm3-io-rk3566 builds have not been happening for a few weeks. However I can confirm that the v2.108.25 tag was built fine in our build servers.
Also, to make sure there are no issues with the hostOS, I would suggest you use the balena-build.sh build script that builds in a container and isolates from the hostOS distribution. That is what our build server use to build.

1 Like