pushing docker.compose.yml with image from private repository fails.

Hi,
I have docker.compose.yml with one of the imnages hosted in private Azure container registry. I created secrets.yml file, with creadentials, which succeed when used from docker login… command.
But deploying this file to the device fails, with error: unauthorized: authentication required, visit Registry roles and permissions - Azure Container Registry | Microsoft Learn for more information.
Also tried to use secrets yml file with different name, passing it with optoin --registry-options. Tried to use option --nocache too. Still balena is failing to pull the image.
How this can be resolved?

Hello @Ravil

Could you please share more details how what does not work for you?

In the meantime, find here some examples that maybe can give you ideas

Or this repo, however for Google Container Registry insted of Azure.

Turns out the container registry URL or rather id should be formatted without https and /v2 parts, just host name.
Like:
company.azurecr.io’:
username: userName
password: generatedToken

But now have another issue - release is not applied on the device. Dashboard shows that there is a newer release, and it can be selected as a target release, but is not upgraded to this version.

1 Like

Hello @Ravil could you please confirm if the new release got deployed into your device?

What update strategy do you have?

No, althouth it is configured to deploy the latest release version, it does not change after successful balena push copmmand.

@Ravil do you think you can grant support access to this device so we can explore more?

you can share the UUID of the device over DM!

Thanks

Thanks for granting support access @Ravil let me check your device

@Ravil the error that I see that does not allow the device to deploy the latest release is this.

Device state apply error InvalidPortDefinition: Range for internal and external ports does not match: 53300-52309:30000-30009

Could you please check on your docker-compose if there is any issue with the ports?

Let us know if there is a problem there.

Yes! After fixing my mistake on defining port range mapping, it did update to the latest release.
Thank you for support!

1 Like

Happy to hear that this is fixed @Ravil

Let us know how we can help you more!