Public-url enable Error

I successfully installed an instance of OpenBalena, I added to devices and also push and cross-compile a multicontainer app.

Less fortunate, when I tried the balena device public-url enable, I got the following error:

BalenaRequestError: Request error: Internal Server Error
BalenaRequestError: Request error: Internal Server Error
at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/balena-cli/node_modules/balena-request/build/request.js:197:17
From previous event:
at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/balena-cli/node_modules/balena-request/build/request.js:189:62
From previous event:
at Object.exports.send (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/balena-cli/node_modules/balena-request/build/request.js:188:8)
at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/balena-cli/node_modules/balena-pine/build/pine.js:90:24
From previous event:
at BalenaPine._request (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/balena-cli/node_modules/balena-pine/build/pine.js:89:10)
at BalenaPine.PinejsClientCoreFactory.PinejsClientCore.request (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/balena-cli/node_modules/pinejs-client-core/core.js:979:29)
at BalenaPine.PinejsClientCoreTemplate.patch (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/balena-cli/node_modules/pinejs-client-core/core.js:798:21)
at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/balena-cli/node_modules/balena-sdk/build/models/device.js:1934:19
at runCallback (timers.js:810:20)
at tryOnImmediate (timers.js:768:5)
at processImmediate [as _immediateCallback] (timers.js:745:5)
From previous event:
at Object.exports.enableDeviceUrl (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/balena-cli/node_modules/balena-sdk/build/models/device.js:1933:8)
at Command.action (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/balena-cli/build/actions/device.js:179:33)
at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/balena-cli/node_modules/capitano/build/command.js:98:37
at

any idea?

Hello Andres, the public url feature does not exist in openBalena, it is only present in Balena Cloud.
It probably shouldn’t trigger an “Internal Server Error” response though, I’ll ping the maintainers.

So the "Built-in VPN : Access your devices regardless of their network environment " feature described in openBalena how is possible to manage?

Hey,

The part that isn’t bundled in openBalena is the endpoint which listens for incoming HTTP connections and forwards them to the device over the VPN. If you run balena tunnel ... in the CLI then this sets up a listening endpoint on your workstation and will forward the connections to the device.

If you need help, then CLI has examples for this command in the --help :+1:

thanks for your answer I’m gonna try it!