Balena push throws internal server error

I have successfully used my OpenBalena setup a while back. Now some time has passed between last interactions and today I started getting the error from below.

I can’t push to previously existing applications, nor a new app that I created today – both fail with same error.

I have updated balena-cli to try to overcome this to no avial.

Versions:
Balena CLI: 11.23.0
NodeJS: 13.8.0
OpenBalena server: 1.3.0

Error:
balena push myApp

[debug] original argv0="node" argv=[/usr/local/Cellar/node/13.8.0/bin/node,/usr/local/bin/balena,push,myApp] length=4
[debug] Using . as build source
BalenaRequestError: Request error: Internal Server Error
BalenaRequestError: Request error: Internal Server Error
    at /usr/local/Cellar/balena-cli/11.23.0/libexec/lib/node_modules/balena-cli/node_modules/balena-request/build/request.js:197:17
From previous event:
    at /usr/local/Cellar/balena-cli/11.23.0/libexec/lib/node_modules/balena-cli/node_modules/balena-request/build/request.js:189:62
From previous event:
    at Object.exports.send (/usr/local/Cellar/balena-cli/11.23.0/libexec/lib/node_modules/balena-cli/node_modules/balena-request/build/request.js:188:8)
    at /usr/local/Cellar/balena-cli/11.23.0/libexec/lib/node_modules/balena-cli/node_modules/balena-pine/build/pine.js:90:24
    at processImmediate (internal/timers.js:456:21)
From previous event:
    at BalenaPine._request (/usr/local/Cellar/balena-cli/11.23.0/libexec/lib/node_modules/balena-cli/node_modules/balena-pine/build/pine.js:89:10)
    at BalenaPine.PinejsClientCoreFactory.PinejsClientCore.request (/usr/local/Cellar/balena-cli/11.23.0/libexec/lib/node_modules/balena-cli/node_modules/pinejs-client-core/core.js:940:29)
    at BalenaPine.PinejsClientCoreTemplate.get (/usr/local/Cellar/balena-cli/11.23.0/libexec/lib/node_modules/balena-cli/node_modules/pinejs-client-core/core.js:763:21)
    at Object.exports.getAll (/usr/local/Cellar/balena-cli/11.23.0/libexec/lib/node_modules/balena-cli/node_modules/balena-sdk/build/models/application.js:143:17)
    at getAppOwner (/usr/local/Cellar/balena-cli/11.23.0/libexec/lib/node_modules/balena-cli/build/actions/push.js:23:55)
    at runNextTicks (internal/process/task_queues.js:62:5)
    at processImmediate (internal/timers.js:429:9)
    at process.topLevelDomainCallback (domain.js:137:15)

If you need help, don't hesitate in contacting our support forums at
https://forums.balena.io

For CLI bug reports or feature requests, have a look at the GitHub issues or
create a new one at: https://github.com/balena-io/balena-cli/issues/

(node:11310) [DEP0066] DeprecationWarning: OutgoingMessage.prototype._headers is deprecated
  1. Can anybody point to how to solve this
  2. I can upgrade my server if that would solve it, but I have to keep existing fleet running :slight_smile:

Hey, can you run docker exec -it $openBalenaApiContainer journalctl and look for any associated error messages in there please

Oh, stupid me. I had just forgot that build service is not part of OpenBalena and I should build it locally with deploy command instead of pushing it.
Now all works.

Thanks for the update. Glad it is working now and let us know if you have any other issues.

1 Like