Problems with basicstation

I don’t know if this is coincidental or not, but @mpous I have a suspicion you and Jose were chatting recently :grinning:

You discovered us @barryjump! i’m working on documenting this! Stay tunned @ronyvargas :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok @barryjump and @ronyvargas i just documented the github repo. For The Things Stack you will need to create a different variable called TC_KEY .

More information here: https://github.com/balenalabs/basicstation/

1 Like

You did it! Nice work. I didnt test it with TTI’s conference version of TTS (was that something they offered special to conference guests?) However, I did just confirm it works with my private installation of TTS which is what we were trying to do anyway. Thank you so much!!

BTW, did you ever encounter the scenario of the gateway changing its GW_ID at random with reboots or restarts? I can’t quite figure out why, but with every container restart it chooses one of about 5 random gateway ID’s that look nothing like the actual hardware’s ID. I manage to get around this by provisioning 5 versions of the gateway in TTS console so that when the Pi picks one of those 5 it connects to the network server.

1 Like

Yes @barryjump i have seen this behaviour but maybe is related with the docker-compose permission to the basicstation container. I’m still investigating this. Will keep you updated :slight_smile:

Hi @mpous, I compiled to upgrade to TTN v3 and I did a modification to the code, I wanted to test having the gateways pointing to different TC_URI within the same application, I used TTN and TTN v3, I managed to update the script to pull both Certificates needed for that.
Here is the code link if you want to check:

1 Like

Thank you! this is really interesting @ronyvargas Feel free to PR the repository :slight_smile:

Hi @mpous, let me pull again since the upstream was already updated, and create a new branch in my forked repo so it can merge clean without those “merge commit from belanlabs/basicstation”

did you create the pull request @ronyvargas ?

Hi @mpous not yet, I want to cleanup that merge commits before doing the PR. is that OK? or should I go ahead like that? This is first time I commit to a PR

1 Like

sure! take your time :slight_smile:

Hi @mpous
I have created the PR into the repository with the changes for additional Let’s Encrypt RootCA that is compatible with TTNv3, I have the RAK2287 Gateway pointing to TTNv2 and RAK2245 pointing to TTNv3 in the same App.

1 Like

@ronyvargas Nice thanks!

@ronyvargas btw, let me know if you want to hop on a call again soon, would love to show you what we ended up building with this

Thank you very much @ronyvargas

Looking forward to see your successful project @barryjump & @ronyvargas :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @barryjump , yes , lets look something for next week, around friday this time could work.

1 Like

Hello @barryjump & @ronyvargas did you check the latest version of the TTN Gateway compatible with SX1301 and SX1302 concentrators and TTN v2 and TTS v3? :slight_smile:

Check it out here and let me know what do you think!

1 Like

I noticed that @mpous upgrading is on my todo list! Thanks for improving!

btw, I agree with the sx130x variable instead of the specific manufacturers model… More flexible.

1 Like

Hey @mpous, yes I will update mine soon as well.

I saw the updates, I see now more manufacturers building their versions…

1 Like

Hi @mpous I have updated mine but for some reason it the SX1301 (RAK2245) model is not connecting, while the SX1302 (RAK2287)is connecting just fine.

I suspect it’s something related to the tc.key, but even generated a new one with no luck, also changed it to the nam1 cluster with same results.
I’ll keep you posted