Problems building pcsclite on remote builder

Hello everybody,

i’m experiencing problems building our application via balena remote builder. The compilation breaks, while trying to compile pcsclite (a Middleware to access a smart card using SCard API (PC/SC)).
Attached you’ll see the build log. DEBUG is set to 0, but you’ll see that the compiler can’t access a file named winscard.h.
I tried several approaches like setting up a ubuntu virtualbox and compiling on mac os x, emulated build too. Nothing works. Please help :).

Best regards,

Jovo

build.log (34.7 KB)

I don’t think this is related to the balena remote builders as such, but something to do with your build environment. Can you please confirm that you have run apt install libpcsclite-dev

I found this solution after googl-ing your issue here

Hi Anuj,

thank you for your Answer. I confirm hereby that i tried your suggested solution. Trust me, i wouldn’t have contacted the balena support if i hadn’t found that all suggested solutions on the web don’t work for me :).

-Jovo

Hi Jovo,

any chance you can share the Dockerfile you’re trying to build? It indeed looks like the thing you need to do prior to npm install pcsclite@1.0.0 is installing libpcsclite-dev with apt-get install libpcsclite-dev

Best regards

federico