I am sure there is a better way to do it but this one worked for me on PineA64 board with 2GB RAM. Here are the steps that I followed to setup BOINC and make PineA64 work for COVID-19.
Setup in PineA64+ Boards with 1GB/2GB RAM.
- Download Armbian based on Debian Buster
Use BalenaEtcher to write it to a sdcard. balenaEtcher
Boot the system and use the root credentials to login as mentioned in armbian website.
login: root password: 1234
Work through the steps to create a new user account.
Login as the new user and install desktop using the armbian config option. Select System --> Enable Desktop. Link
- After this you are greeted with a xfce desktop. Open a terminal and install boinc client and boinc manager.
sudo apt update sudo apt install boinc-client boinc-manager
- Start the client and start the manager in a terminal session using the following commands.
sudo boinc sudo boincmgr
- If you get a error code 180, change the port as `sudo boinc --gui_rpc_port 37777` and `sudo boincmgr -g 37777`
- Join the COVID Project at Rosetta@home. Click
Add Projectand find
Rosetta@homeand follow the instructions to join the foldforcovid using PineA64+.