Open-Balena dashboard project

@barryjump

Unfortunately there is a lot of configuration possibilities here

Do you want to use let’s encrypt (SSL) or XIP (dynamic dns resolver)?

I figured. Would love to get to what you show in the demo with xip just to test it out.

Hi there!
Recenly I created a fork of Open-Baleba Dashboard to make little improvements. PR also created

• dark, light theme
  • increased accesibility
  • reimplemented and impoved UI side
  • little bug fixes
  • added Russian locale, Ukrainian WIP
    Started devoping Balena api proxy container, for avoiding self-signed cert reliability issue. It will be like - backend with frontend for Open-Balena API.
    Will publish link for docker container soon :slight_smile:
    Some screenshots:
    Devices list

Device View

Dark mode

Russian locale

What will be added soon - proxying TCP with using balena cli inside docker container with backend for Open-Balena.
Ports will be tunneled with using balena tunnel command inside the container, to url like https://dashboard.myopenbalenainstance.com/tunell/deviceUUIDHere
Using OID like Keycloak/Okta etc. for authentication and API-key creating. For future role-based dividing.

4 Likes

WOW! Awesome work here Dmytro!

Looks great! I would merge it after testing. Check comment inside your PR - we recently created solution for tunnels that can be good entry for it

1 Like

Hi everyone, recently I published proxy for open-balena-api to avoid self-signed cert issues using your own cert - GitHub - markFieldman/open-balena-dashboard-backend
Next month I will publish part with web UI login from balena CLI
Also main idea - is creating dashboard with healthcheck charts of devices, and dashboard for device status checking

3 Likes

For anyone who gives this a try, be sure to let @teslov know how it goes! :slight_smile:

Sure, feedback is most importantly part