OpenBalena Configuration

Hey there,

Hope you are doing all great.
I have a few questions about openBalena.

I am trying to setup openbalena and use it with a dashboard i found on github. But it seems I got a few problems.

First of all: Is it possible to use openbalena on a AWS server without GUI at all? Because I read a lot about Balena Etcher which I cannot really use on a server without any GUI.

Second: How can I install the balena cli on Linux/Ubuntu Server ?

And finally: Does someone know how to connect it with this dashboard?

Hope someone can help me.

Kind regards

Dashboard that i made is probably out of date

Second - install like npm package for example

First - balena etcher has cli also as far as i remember

1 Like

Hi @uttmmmm5,

1. You should be able to run openBalena without GUI. The Etcher CLI was deprecated, but the functionality we saw most needed was added to our standard CLI. Maybe this documentation will get you what you need, but lest us know if there are features you wanted to use that you aren’t seeing here: balena CLI Documentation - Balena Documentation

2. I think razikus has already pointed you in the right direction here. :slight_smile:

3. There is another active dashboard developer that I’ve come across a few times. You can find their initial post, as well as some discussion between their engineers and ours here: open-balena-admin: an admin interface for openbalena Even if it’s not what you need exactly, it sounds like they are open to feedback / requests, so they might be worth reaching out to.

Hey

I checked this open balena dashboard with newer instance of OpenBalena

It works!

https://api.yourbalenainstance

you dont need to fill tunneler