Node-red on Siemens IoT 2040

Hi all,

Fairly new to Balena - I’ve tried pushing the node-red project to my Siemens IoT 2040, however I’m seeing the following issue:

[Info]     Building on x64_01
[Info]     Pulling previous images for caching purposes...
[Success]  Successfully pulled cache images
[main]     Step 1/8 : FROM balenalib/iot2000-alpine-node:10-build as build
[main]     pull access denied for balenalib/iot2000-alpine-node, repository does not exist or may require 'docker login'
[Error]    Some services failed to build:
[Error]      Service: main
[Error]        Error: pull access denied for balenalib/iot2000-alpine-node, repository does not exist or may require 'docker login'
[Error]    Not deploying release. 

It seems the issue here lies around the balenalib/iot2000-alpine-node repo not existing? I’d appreciate some pointers here, as not sure where to start.

Some resources used so far:
Getting started with Siemens IoT 2040

Forum post suggesting that it doesn’t exist - not sure where to specify

Thanks,
Joe

Ok…I’ve done some more digging.

It seems on dockerhub,, balenalib/iot2000-alpine-node doesn’t exist, however resin/iot2000-alpine-node does (here) but it’s depreciated.

So my question now is, do I continue using the depreciated repo, or do I move to a new one? If so, which?

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience, IOT2000 (or other i386-nlp architecture devices) are special and we only provide Debian-based base images for these devices, that’s why you can’t find the alpine-node base images for it.

For this example project, please change from master to this commit 5a0674aa8008f961bf24c35d2654c7302e50b918 which uses Debian-based image instead of Alpine Linux and change this line FROM resin/%%RESIN_MACHINE_NAME%%-node:6 in the Dockerfile to FROM balenalib/%%BALENA_MACHINE_NAME%%-node:6-build to use the latest balenalib image.

Please let us know how it goes.

1 Like

Great - that has built ok. I’ve tried to update the documentation linked below, via the ‘improve this doc’ however I can’t find the source on the repo - could you point me in the right direction? It’s valuable information that should be on the getting started, seeing as it currently doesn’t work.

Getting started with Siemens IoT 2040

Hi Joe,

Could you please clarify what source are looking for?

I’ve updated my comment above :slight_smile:

Our team members submitted a PR that may address iot2000 device case in that particular project.

As for docs, update, you might try creating a new file (like iot2000+nodejs.md) in this directory

to add a note about some lack of base images support.

1 Like