No sensors displaying on RPI, attempting to read DS18B20

I seem to have successfully gone through the setup. But my Pi does not appear to be finding the temperature sensor. I’ve set the following on my fleet:

RESIN_HOST_CONFIG_dtoverlay = “w1–gpio”

I am running “sudo modprobe w1-gpio && sudo modprobe w1-therm && sudo node dist/app.js”

Commands run without a hitch, but my /sys/bus/w1/devices folder is empty, not even a “w1_bus_master1” file is present.

My wiring is, I believe correct, and even if it wasn’t I should be getting “w1_bus_master1” when running the modprobe commands.

Manually running modprobe in either my web service, or on the host OS via the Terminal in my dashboard doesn’t do anything either.

EDIT: turns out I had the wrong hyphen character in w1-pgio somehow; this was the correct one: w1-gpio

Hey @bugeyed!

Working with the TEMPer USB thermometer, I was able to develop this repo. Of course the hardware is different than the one you’re describing, however I just wanted to share the resource!

Hi,

here’s my configuration for RPi & DS18B20:

• RESIN_HOST_CONFIG_dtoverlay=w1-gpio,pullup=1

Re pullup=1 - it really depends if your DS18B20 has 2 or 3 wires and how is it wired. You can check more details at:

There’s no need to call modprobe w1-gpio, etc.

HTH,
Robert

P.S. I forgot to mention that this pullup=1 is required for the parasite power mode. This blog (https://randomnerdtutorials.com/guide-for-ds18b20-temperature-sensor-with-arduino/) contains nice schematics for both parasite & normal, so, you can compare them.