NetworkManager not managing additional ethernet interface

Hi Florin,

Our image is built from the base “resin/jetson-tx2-debian:stretch”, thank for the information, we’ll look into the new balenalib base images. Is there one that’s a replacement for what we’re using?

Regards,

David

Hi David, there should be a balenalib base image equivalent for all the older resin base images. You can also use templating so you don’t need to hardcode a machine name in your Dockerfile. See https://www.balena.io/docs/learn/develop/dockerfile/#dockerfile-templates
Also, give us a note when you also try the modem connection profile just to check if all is fine (on my side I managed to get a working modem in a rare moment when it did not complain about the missing SIM)

Hi Florin,

We were using the old debian-stretch image for tx2. Would it be equivalent to update our Dockerfile to include the following:

FROM balenalib/aarch64-debian:stretch-build
LABEL io.balena.device-type=“jetson-tx2”
RUN apt-get update && apt-get install -y --no-install-recommends
less
kmod
nano
net-tools
ifupdown
iputils-ping
i2c-tools
usbutils
Regards, David

Hi David, to migrate to the newer base images you would only need to change the FROM directive to be this one:

FROM balenalib/%%BALENA_MACHINE_NAME%%-debian:stretch

Hi David, did you validate the modem on your side? Can this issue be closed?

Hi, in addition to the above I want to let you know we released OS version 2.48.0+rev1 for this device type

Thank you! We’ll test it out.

Hi David, did you have a chance to test this?