NetworkManager Doesn't Exist

I’m trying to integrate resin wifi-connect into my devices. I’ve followed the instructions on the github page for adding wifi-connect to a resin project, but when I try to run any commands for wifi-connect (except help and version) I get the error
[wifi_connect::network:ERROR] Getting the NetworkManager service state failed: Connection(D-Bus error: Unit NetworkManager.service not loaded. (org.freedesktop.systemd1.NoSuchUnit))
It seems like Network Manager is not installed on my device, and when looking into systemd service files I don’t see anything called NetworkManager. It was my understanding from the docs that after resinOS 2.0 NetworkManger is the default way resinOS manages network connections, but i’m not sure if i’m just misinterpreting the docs. Also my project is running on raspberry pi 3’s with the onboard wifi, and I also used the resin electronjs seed project as the start of my project if that helps.

Hey, how are you running wifi-connect? It requires DBUS_SYSTEM_BUS_ADDRESS to be set to unix:path=/host/run/dbus/system_bus_socket in order to communicate with the host’s systemd/network manager. Usually that’s handled by the start script in https://github.com/resin-io/resin-wifi-connect/blob/3b3aa71cd6033459ccce8342df91a46f4867413c/start but if you’re calling the wifi-connect binary directly then you’ll have to handle setting that var instead