Jetson Xavier NX - cannot locate cuda 10.2

Hey All
We are running the BalenaOS on Jetson Xavier NX, we are using the jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-ubuntu base image to build on top on, but we cannot install cuda-toolkit-10-2 on this image(Unable to locate package cuda-toolkit-10-2). cuda-toolkit-10-0 works, however that version in only supported until 4.3, and the Jetson Xavier NX is only supported in Jetpack 4.4 and 4.5 where cuda 10.2 is installed. This means that we cannot build the docker images on our development jetsons(running jetpack 4.5) and push them to the balenaOS production jetsons. For us it seems odd, especially when the jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-ubuntu base image provided by balenalib is jetpack 4.4.

Any help is appreciated! :smiley:

Kind Regards, Esben

Hi Esben,

If I’m not mistaken, you need to update the distribution in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/nvidia.list from r32 to r32.4, and then you should be able to apt update && apt install cuda-toolkit-10-2.

You can also do this from the command line (or in a Dockerfile RUN instruction) with sed -i 's/r32 main/r32.4 main/g' /etc/apt/sources.list.d/nvidia.list

Let me know if this helps.

It worked, thanks!